Re: [VHFcontesting] Thoughts on the Digital Modes and VHF Contesting

To: "<VHFcontesting@contesting.com>" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Thoughts on the Digital Modes and VHF Contesting
From: Mark Spencer <mark@alignedsolutions.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2018 14:50:39 -0800
FSK441 does however allow longer messages than MSK144 which IMHO has some
advantages for VHF and up contesting (ie. Sending 6 Character grids.)

As a general comment I believe the VHF and up contesting community seems to be
moving towards new digital modes that to me at least don't seem to be well
suited to at least some of our contesting activities.

Maybe we should at changing the contests to fit the modes ?

73

Mark S
VE7AFZ

mark@alignedsolutions.com