Re: [VHFcontesting] Transverter interfacing with FT290RII

To: Keith Morehouse <w9rm@calmesapartners.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Transverter interfacing with FT290RII
From: Terry - W8ZN <terry@directivesystems.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2018 12:13:06 -0500
I've preached that for years!!! Running high power makes it almost a must!!

The only exception is when using a logging program like N1MM where you can program a delay or when you type in your CQ message or reply messages, leave a few spaces in the beginning to delay the output until the relays catch up!!

I think Marshall, K5QE has done some presentations on this but you really need to have a breakout box that your mic and key/paddles plug in to before connecting to the radio that interrupts the connections until you are ready to transmit. Some radios can't disable semi-breakin which is the kiss - o - death for remote LNA's!!!

Terry Price, W8ZN
Directive Systems and Engineering