Re: [VHFcontesting] Transverter interfacing with FT290RII

To: "vhfcontesting@contesting.com" <VHFcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Transverter interfacing with FT290RII
From: Keith Morehouse <w9rm@calmesapartners.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2018 10:21:41 -0700
No - I do it all the time.

99%+ of my Rover operation is done stationary since I can't deploy the
antenna mast while driving.  When I do work someone in-motion, it's going
to be on SSB and the PTT on the microphone triggers pretty much the same
sequence of events that the foot switch does.  I don't recall ever working
someone while in-motion on CW, but I know some guys do.

So, while stationary, the foot switch gets moved from a safe location
(meaning a place where it can't interfere with driving) and placed in the
drivers side foot well.  Simple as that.

Out here in the mountains, time spent between rover stops is usually in
valleys and canyons on the way to the next high point.  Not much sense in
compromising a good, safe PTT method just to be able to make seamless
in-motion contacts, which you won't... :)

-W9RM (aka W0VOA/R)

Keith J Morehouse
Managing Partner
Calmesa Partners G.P.