Re: [VHFcontesting] Portable 50 MHz beam antennas

To: Bill Olson <callbill@hotmail.com>, "vhfcontesting@contesting.com" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Portable 50 MHz beam antennas
From: David Olean <K1WHS@metrocast.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2018 17:53:28 +0000
More data....

We ran a similar test using a rover station 4 element 50 MHz yagi at 12-14 ft vs a halo at 35 ft. This was a real test and not a quick exchange during a contest. The path was about 280 miles long and the halo was a definite winner over the low yagi for the rover station.  A home station was on the other end of the path.  The rover was W2GE/r with N2CEI and WB2ONA at the Packrat contest location in the Poconos in FN21. I was operating the home station in FN43 in Maine. Height above ground makes all the difference on 50 MHz.

Dave K1WHS