Re: [VHFcontesting] New Gear at Dayton

To: "'MERLE COX'" <w7yoz@centurylink.net>, "'vhfcontesting'" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] New Gear at Dayton
From: "N8GLS" <n8gls@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2018 00:34:34 -0400
I was a little disappointed in that Icom didn't even have the 9700 under
glass for us, but, the Icom guys I talked to were disappointed as well.  The
best I got was that it would be 9-12 months before introduction here in the
US.  I think reality is Dayton 2019....but you never know.  I know I've been
waiting a long long time for a 910/9100 upgrade. Having said that, I did
take the time to dig into the 7610 and with its transverter capability it
may end up being just what I need.  6n2 with a split spectrum display could
keep me going for quite a while. Anything higher I can wait another year for
(to save, hi hi).

Brad, N8GLS