Re: [VHFcontesting] Rover Battery Questions

To: "Steve(K1IIG)" <stephen.tripp@snet.net>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Rover Battery Questions
From: Mark Spencer <mark@alignedsolutions.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2018 09:22:06 -0800
Sorry I hit send by mistake before I was finished my last email.

Some takeaways for me:

-If I decide to buy another vehicle that I plan to rove from I expect I will
look inquire about various vehicle electrical options that may make it more
suitable for roving.   (I'm thinking that there may be heavy duty electrical
systems for utility or public safety use for example.)  I don't recall any such
options being offered to me when I purchased my current truck but I didn't ask
either.   I expect I will ask more questions next time.

-I always have an extra power source with me to jump start my vehicle while
roving.

-The next time I purchase a new vehicle I expect I am going to ask some
questions about and or research  concepts such as "load shedding" and "coulomb
counting."  (Or I may just accept that the vehicle manufacturers know what is
best (:  All in all I do like my newer vehicles.)

73 and good luck

Mark S
VE7AFZ

mark@alignedsolutions.com