Re: [VHFcontesting] 220v portable generator

To: n12614@aol.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] 220v portable generator
From: barry@k7bwh.com
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2018 06:15:21 -0800
You’re going to really like the additional xmit power. I use a cheap Chinese
110-to-220 step up transformer found on Craigslist with a pair of Honda
EU2000i. Works great. Read details here:
https://coilgun.info/hamradio/beko-amp-220v.htm
The pair of smaller “lightweight” generators is easier to handle by myself than
a heavier EU3000. Sometimes I only bring one generator if I use a 500w
amplifier but two are needed for a kilowatt amp.

Barry K7BWH