Re: [VHFcontesting] Rover Battery Questions

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Rover Battery Questions
From: Bob Burns W9BU <w9bu_lists@rlburns.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2018 09:25:11 -0500
On 12/20/2018 4:20 PM, Steve Stahl wrote:

I like Optima batteries but I do not always like the price.

If you were still working for Johnson Controls, you could buy Optimas at a discount. That said, I'm not sure Optimas are all that they used to be as JCI is trying to keep the cost down.

I've heard good things about Odyssey batteries from the extreme 4x4 guys. Optima and Odyssey are both AGM batteries which is a plus in an environment where a battery will get bounced around a lot.

BTW, Johnson Controls recently announced that they had found a buyer for their Power Solutions, aka automotive battery, division.

Bob...