Re: [VHFcontesting] We're about to lose 3456 MHz band entirely

To: Steve Stahl <ke7ihg@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] We're about to lose 3456 MHz band entirely
From: Paul Stoetzer <n8hm@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2019 14:46:49 -0500
I believe this agenda item was released either late in the day on
Thursday or early on Friday and I know the ARRL is already working on
a strategy to address this NPRM.

Remember that approval of the NPRM is only the first step in a lengthy
process. There will be a 45 day comment period once the NPRM is
published in the Federal Register (which will be a few weeks after the
Commission approves it on December 12th). Then there's a 45 day reply
comment period to address issues raised by commenting parties. After
that, it can be several months or even years before the Commission
issues a Report and Order with the new regulations.

The sky is not falling yet and work on the issue is under way. That
said, this development should not be a surprise to anyone (and
certainly was not a surprise to the ARRL either). We've known for a
few years now that the 3.4 GHz band is the most threatened of our
allocations.

73,

Paul, N8HM