[VHFcontesting] Setting up TE RF amp for use with a sequencer.

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Setting up TE RF amp for use with a sequencer.
From: John Young via VHFcontesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2019 13:17:25 +0000 (UTC)
The TE manual gives some simple instruction for hard keying the amplifier but
out an abundance of caution I want to verify my understanding of them before I
start cutting wires and adding relays.

The DEMI sequencer gives a sequenced PTT ground to enable the amplifier.  The
TE  instructions are to cut the internal  shorting wire between pins 5 & 6 and
then connect the PTT ground to pin 2.

To enable the RF amplifier the TE instructions are:  1) Connect pin 5 & 6 then
2) connect pin 2 to PTT ground.

My interpretation of these instruction are:
I need to use the PTT ground to close a relay that connects pins 5 & 6 and then
use an output from this relay to close another relay that connects the PTT
ground to pin 2 on the amplifier.

Is this correct?
Is there a better way?

73