Re: [VHFcontesting] 2m FM LNAs?

To: VHF Contesting Reflector <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] 2m FM LNAs?
From: Zack Widup <w9sz.zack@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2019 07:30:58 -0600
This is a fairly broadband design with insignificant differences for C1,
C2, C3 and L1 between 144 and 148 MHz. They are bypass and shunt capacitors
and an RF choke; they are not part of a tuned circuit. You could actually
use the same values at 50 and 432 MHz just fine. You wouldn't even notice
any difference in gain.

The PGA-103 does not have an extremely low noise figure like an HJFET would
have, but you are probably not too concerned about that on FM. Back in the
70's people didn't even have 1 dB NF's.

73, Zack W9SZ