Re: [VHFcontesting] ARRL VHF Test 3 Band Category - long rant better del

To: VHF Contesting Reflector <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] ARRL VHF Test 3 Band Category - long rant better delete!!
From: Zack Widup <w9sz.zack@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2021 20:06:12 -0600
When I operate QRP Portable, I do not take a computer along. I log on paper
and transfer the log to the computer when I get home. A computer is another
thing to try to squeeze into a little car along with equipment and antennas
for 10 bands. So no FT8 for me.

I don't plan on changing this operating pattern any time soon. It has
worked for me for 25 years. If the VHF contests become FT8 contests, maybe
I'll find something else to do with my time. I have nothing against FT8; I
just don't use it myself in VHF contests.

Also, based on a couple comments I have seen operators make, there were at
least a few people who let FT8 run all night by itself. Note this is NOT
valid in ARRL contests. All DXCC and ARRL contest QSO's on FT4/8 must be
manually originated by each station at each end.

73, Zack W9SZ

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>