Re: [VHFcontesting] JUNE/JULY VHF Contest Proposal and Operating Protoco

To: "Bob, W3IDT" <w3idt@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] JUNE/JULY VHF Contest Proposal and Operating Protocol
From: Paul Kiesel via VHFcontesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2021 00:06:21 +0000 (UTC)
 I've already in the past expressed my opinions about changing contest rules.
With the exception of extra points for bands above 144 MHz, which I consider to
be no longer needed because commercial equipment is now readily available, I
think contest rules should stay the same. After all, a contest is a contest
and, to win, you use the established rules as best you can, all pleasantness
aside. Present ARRL rules allow us to use all modes and we can do that as we
see fit to win. CQ rules restrict to using only CW and SSB and you can mix if
you like. I like those rules.
Again, I contend that leaving rules unchanged is the way to move forward.
73, Paul K7CW

    On Thursday, June 3, 2021, 9:36:45 AM PDT, Bob, W3IDT <w3idt@comcast.net>