Re: [VHFcontesting] JUNE/JULY VHF Contest Proposal and Operating Protoco

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] JUNE/JULY VHF Contest Proposal and Operating Protocol
From: Ralph Bowen <wb5aar@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2021 22:04:29 -0500
Hello Folks:

So if I do not wish to participate in the "Contest with in a Contest", I'm still stuck with wasting my time possibly working two dupes each on 6M and 2M, and one dupe per band on 222 and up? C'mon....why encourage loading up participant's logs with dupes?

Everyone needs to realize the digital genie is out of the bottle, and many people, especially a number of casual participants who used to fill our logs on SSB/CW, will now have to be worked on digital modes or not at all, cuz they ain't gonna do SSB/CW.    We may not like it, but that is the way it is.

--Gator,   N5RZ

----
----

1. Permit multiple contacts, in different modes, per band; specifically
A. THREE contacts on 6m and 2m:
     one CW-only (in the CW-only portions 50.0-50.1 and 144.0-144.1)
     one FM, SSB, or mixed, and
     one any form of digital;
B. TWO contacts on the higher bands
     one CW, FM, SSB, or mixed, and