[VHFcontesting] Contest revisions

To: "vhfcontesting@contesting.com" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Contest revisions
From: Dana Shtun <ve3dss@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2024 17:55:08 +0000
Reading the comments…

1. Mixed mode = multimode contacts per band wth the same station on each mode,
Analog aka CW, SSB, FM, Digital ( define digital) ( define analog), bonus
points for working all 3 modes? I kind of like that ….

2. Points - Analog points count double that of digital….incentive to move off
the 5 wpm FT8

3. Some incentive to off set the east coast density vs those out in the sticks…
points for cross border contacts - would really help and incentivize our
Canadian population.

The key is to grow contest activity above 30 Mhz., without further damage to CW
and SSB modes… and bring back the good old
People to people, I know that voice or fist…thing…

Just some thoughts…. Personally I can’t contest digitally, I lose focus, Analog
keeps me jumpin’

73 Dana VE3DS
Ontario VHF Association
Editor 6 m and Down, TCA