[WriteLog] Features and Modules

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Features and Modules
From: kregli@aspi.net (Keith Regli)
Date: Sat, 27 May 2000 10:54:33 -0400
Roger,

I've thought some about the kind of Wizard you ask for; I've also fiddled
with Wayne's contest module wizard as it is.  I think there may be a
compromise that could work.  The really "programmer" part of the contest
wizard is the scoring part.  2 points for off continent, 1 one for your own
continent, etc.  I don't see a way to handle that stuff in a (manageable)
wizard.  However, getting the exchange fields implemented and a rudimentary
summary (without score) might be possible.  You'd have to do a little
scoring by hand, but at least operating the contest with WriteLog would be
normal.  Some multiplier color coding and such might get left out, but dupes
could probably work.  Would that be a reasonable compromise?

        Keith WB6BIG