[WriteLog] Callsigns not highlighting

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Callsigns not highlighting
From: rmaull@citynet.net (Roy Maull)
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 16:09:12 +0000
         At 03:41 PM 09/25/2000, you wrote:

>On 25 Sep 00, WA9ALS - John wrote:
>

> > > Problem - some callsigns didn't highlight, some were preceeded by
> > > a DE, others not. Some callsigns with a / in it only partially
> > > highlighted (the part before or after the slash only).
> >
> > Same for me, although not a new observation.  What if take a trip and
> > operate Dxx/WA9ALS - Seems everyone would see WA9ALS highlighted, but not
> > the Dxx prefix, leading to logging errors and inconvenience.
> >

>One real contest observation along these lines - When DK3WW
>called me with his callsign twice, his full call highlited the first time,
>and K3WW (also in the database) highlited the second time.
>Barry
>--

         Much the same problem here, but with some DX calls that had "US"
calls imbedded.  The US call would be highlighted and used by INS or mouse
click.  I had to type in the full call.  Perhaps this is some sort of
preference scheme in call recognition? or an incomplete callsign database?

      73.. Roy  N8YYS
   Keep West Virginia beautiful.. Grow ALUMINUM!!