[WriteLog] Correctly Recording Splits w/v10.19a

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Correctly Recording Splits w/v10.19a
From: k5zd@ma.ultranet.com (Randy Thompson, K5ZD)
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 02:48:39 -0000
There are two answers to your question.

1. For the contest log.  The CQ WW Committee only cares that the band is
logged correctly.  They do not look at the frequencies during the checking
process.

2. For your log.  WriteLog saves the frequency that it gets from polling the
radio at the time you hit the enter key for the QSO.  I too have noticed
that sometimes it gets the tx freq, and other times the rx frequency.  Not a
big deal for me (although it does make it look like you were working people
below 7100!).

Randy, K5ZD