[WriteLog] WL & CQ WW Phone

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] WL & CQ WW Phone
From: k1vv@tmlp.com (BobD)
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 11:22:43 -0500
We used WL for the first time in a major contest ... CQ WW Phone ....
We had recorded all the letters and numbers and trimmed and adjusted all of
the volumes
so they would be the same ... also  SHIFT-F keys ...   we had  !1180 Qs and
scored over 1.5 mil
points in about 21 hours of operation ....
Comments from the other local hams in the contest " We could not tell you
were using WAV files "
But we must admit that it is noticable when we are running and sending the
DX call and exchange ...
We did get a few comments .. "that sounds funny "...  " Is this a machine or
is there a real operator there?"
WL was super !!!    No crashes or bugs ....
Running WL on phone using the WAV files reduced the fatigue factor by 90%
We are usually beat by the time we finished any phone contest ... but not
this time ...
We did not realize how much stamina and effort it took to run 20 or more
hours of a phone contest ...

73   Whitey   K1VV
YCCC