[WriteLog] Correctly Recording Splits w/v10.19a

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Correctly Recording Splits w/v10.19a
From: wd3q@erols.com (Eric Rosenberg)
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2000 21:08:44 -0500
I just finished using version 10.19a in the CQWW contest.  All went
well, and I was pleased.

What I did notice is that some of the (few) QSO's that I made using
split frequencies were incorrectly logged.

In WL's on-screen log, some had the receive frequency, some had the tx
frequency.

In the cabrillo format log, the same was true, except that one of the
ones that on-screen had the rx frequency now had the tx frequency.  One
QSO stayed the same and never recorded the tx frequency at all.

My question is...how is this recorded?  Do I have to put the other
station in the QSO field before entering the split? All I can think is
that I didn't always do this (no, not everyone ID's each QSO :-)

Any thoughts are appreciated, as I don't remember what the tx freqs
were in the incorrect cases.

Thanks in advance,

Eric W3DQ
Washington, DC