[WriteLog] SSB soundcard serial numbers

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] SSB soundcard serial numbers
From: jfleming@shelbynet.net (WA9ALS - John)
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2000 22:15:21 -0500
Tiny bug/feature/op error...  I've been working with the soundcard SSB
voice keyer this evening.  Regarding %3 in an SSB message, I couldn't
get the FIRST QSO of a given session to send it's serial number - I just
got ZERO-ZERO-ZERO sent.  Notice that the SEQ area is EMPTY for the
FIRST QSO of each session that you open Writelog.  If I log a dummy QSO,
then the NEXT QSO's Entry window has the SEQ number in BLUE showing, and
the %3 in the SSB message works as expected.

1.  Apparently the SEQ number has to be showing for the %3 to work.  If
I log a dummy #1 QSO (with a SEQ field blank), and then delete it, the
SEQ field now shows "1" (or whatever the FIRST SEQ number of that
session is) and the %3 works as expected.

2.  Why doesn't the very FIRST SEQ number of a given session show?

3.  Is there a way to MAKE it show?  Surely everyone's not logging a
dummy Q and then deleting it every time they open the log.  Thanks
WA9ALS - John
   email:  jfleming@shelbynet.net
homepage:  http://www.qsl.net/wa9als
 logbook:  http://www.qsl.net/wa9als/search.htm