[WriteLog] SSB soundcard serial numbers

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] SSB soundcard serial numbers
From: sherrick@ameritech.net (Scot Herrick)
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 03:50:25 -0000
All,

I've been working with John tonight as well. I'm not seeing what John is
seeing with the first QSO number. I'm on version 10.19. Here is what I see.

On first opening up a contest, the serial number is blank. Upon putting in a
callsign (e.g., WA9ALS) the serial number '1' shows up as gray which is what
it is supposed to do. Upon hitting the space bar, the serial number turns
blue which means it is ready to log this serial number if required. At this
point, you can hit your function key with the serial number in it and it
will send serial number '1.'

I also tested this without hitting the space bar. If just the call is in the
QSO Entry field and the serial number '1' is still gray, upon hitting the
function key the serial number turns blue and the serial number '1' is sent.

Something's different. Comments appreciated...

Thanks...Scot, K9JY

PS K1VV sent EXCELLENT documentation regarding SSB recording of wave files.
I'm putting them into the web site as we speak; hopefully will get it
updated yet this evening (if I can get off of email!!)

See WriteLog's complete user manual at
K9JY's WriteLog site www.k9jy.com

mailto:scot@k9jy.com