[WriteLog] Hal P38 & Squelch

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Hal P38 & Squelch
From: bigwill@riverland.net.au (Andrew Williss)
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2000 11:08:28 +0000
Hi all,
I enjoy  the list, very interesting...
I am a new convert to Writelog having just purchased the program.
I have a few questions  that the list may be able to help me with...

1.Using my HAL P38, is there any way of squelching the signal?
I just get constant garbage when no station is been received...
2.Can I change the tuning indicator used with the P38?
I would much prefer the soundcard type Tuning Indicator...if not, why
not?
3.I have been unsuccessful at getting a PK232 working with writelog...it
seems to load ok but in reality it doesn't, and is not actually
"finding" the pk232.
I cant't find anything to help me in the manual either...
4.Another problem is how, when I'm setting up my rtty exchanges with the
"F"
keys, is how do I get the program to go back into rx mode after the
message is sent, instead of idling at the mark tone?
For example, if I push F2 it will send "QRZ DE VK5LA" but still keep
tx-ing
How do I get it to drop back into RX?
I hope some-one can help...

Cheers!