[WriteLog] WriteLog in the S..t-pile?

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] WriteLog in the S..t-pile?
From: K4BEV@aol.com (K4BEV@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 12:41:57 EST
In a message dated 11/22/00 10:16:25 AM Central Standard Time,
jfleming@shelbynet.net writes:

<< Terry's obviously way off base.  Could we quit repeating his profanity and
 stick with witty stuff like Barry's??  HI >>

Although I agree that this (and I might add ON THE AIR) is no place for the
profanity, I can sure understand his frustration. WriteLog is a hard program
to get to know. I've been making my living writing software for over 30 years
now and I will assure you that without a tremendous (both in talent and
numbers) staff at your side it is almost impossible to add features without
introducing bugs into other parts of the system. Most times you can see 'em
coming and straighten them out immediately. Other times it takes certain
conditions to expose the problem that may not be considered by the programmer
while debugging the code.
Unfortunately, for some, we end users are the guys finding these certain
conditions.
Microsoft was mentioned also. When was the last time you found a bug in, say,
Word for Windows? Did you notify Bill and the gang? Did you have the bug
squashed and the revision available for the next weekend?
Hang in there, this is a very dynamic piece of code that we're using here.
Once the bugs are all killed (never really happens btw) this could possibly
be THE contesting software, and we have a chance to make it so.
See you in the pileups,
K4BEV