[WriteLog] Rig Control & PTT

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Rig Control & PTT
From: martyt@pobox.com (Marty Tippin)
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2000 12:03:14 -0600
Anyone know of a good way to split out the DTR (or RTS) signals on the rig
control serial port? My FT-920 doesn't support PTT on the rig port, but if
I could get to DTR or RTS on that same serial cable, I could route those
through an optoisolator to drive the external PTT on the rig. I suppose
there must be some sort of "breakout box" you can put in line with the
cable but not sure what it is or who carries it.

Any ideas short of building my own custom cable?

-Marty NW0L
  martyt@pobox.com