[WriteLog] Yaesu G-1000DXA

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Yaesu G-1000DXA
From: jpixton@shentel.net (Jerry Pixton)
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 14:06:23 +0000
Hi all,

Me again.

Is anyone out there using the Yaesu G-1000DXA rotor control under computer
control?

The external control connector (6 pin mini-DIN) says "to optional GS-232A
Computer Control Unit". Do I need the GS-232A? In looking at the circuit
diagram, it appears at first glance to only be an output at pin 4 labeled
A/D (Analog to Digital?)  But yet the manual says " The GS-232A Computer
Control Unit is available as an option, allowing positioning of the antenna
by a personal computer, via an RS-232 serial interface". ????

Can WriteLog interface with this?

Trying to solve all these other problems while waiting impatiently for my
Tri-ex tower to be built. I got caught in the production transition from
Calif to Ohio. A G-1000 rotor and a Force-12 C-4XL are just sitting here
waiting for a tower. Ugh  I also put in an order for an Alpha 87A about a
week after they sold out. Murphy is very active at my station.

Jerry, W6IHG

Dr. Jerry R. Pixton, PIXOS Designs LLC
http://www.pixos.com/designs/
jpixton@shentel.net