[WriteLog] Yaesu G-1000DXA

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Yaesu G-1000DXA
From: ric@kv1w.com (Ric Plummer)
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 16:41:13 -0000
Jerry,
First the good news, YES Writelog will control the G1000DXA.
Now for the bad news. The interface signals are only CW, CCW, Analog for
position and I think
a sped control analog signal. The GS232 or equivilent is required.
As a bit of history, the DXS series required a GS23 which was a board that
went inside and cost
approx $300. Now you need an external box that costs approx $500.
I was "lucky" with my three DXS's and got the last three boards in the HRO
system.
Another alternative is to look at the Sartek controller, also supported by
Writelog, goes into the computer in an ISA slot ( but still requires a COM
port ). It can be found on PDA's web page, I think it is: www.hosenose.com
So, there's more than you wanted to  know.
Here I use three Yeasu's, they really are goood rotors, and my own software
between Writelog and the COM ports to support three stations in Multi-Multi.
73,
Ric KV1W