[WriteLog] confusion about upgrades

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] confusion about upgrades
From: n1jp@arrl.net (John Pritt)
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 19:44:47 -0500
I received many request for the answer I was given, by Don, in regards to
the confusion about upgrading, so here is Don's reply to me. Again, Don
thank you for taking the time to answer my questions.

John,

Here is the scoop.

You should be able to request a new code from Ron at no cost since you got
your version in March, 2000.  That original cost covers all of
2000.  Beginning in 2001, any updates will cost $30.00 for the year.
 From your original 10.16 to 10.23, there were many updates and you were
free to download them.  Ron posted a note that it would take a new code for
version 10.19 and later.  You must have missed it.

Anyway, contact Ron at K5DJ@writelog.com and request the code and you
should be set for 10.23.  If you like the way it works, you don't have to
pay for the 2001 updates/upgrades.

Hope this helps.

Don  AF4Z