[WriteLog] Newbie Questions

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Newbie Questions
From: flgrossman@earthlink.net (Frank Grossman (WB2BXO))
Date: Sun, 27 May 2001 23:23:06 -0400
I just installed Writelog and started experimenting with it.  So far, I have
two questions.

1)  Is there a manual for the program or only the help files and Web sites?
The "Manual" files in the menu seem to be help files meant for on-line
search and display.  Most of the time, of course, this is fine.

2)  The first time I tried to use the program Friday evening on the ham
shack machine at my parents' apartment, I had difficulty getting it to
accept a full WPX exchange.  It acted as if there wasn't enough room in the
"numb" field to enter a three digit number.  I tested the program on the
machine at my own apartment later that evening, and the program accepted an
exchange with no problem.  Might I have set up the contest incorrectly when
I was puttering around on the ham shack machine? Has someone seen this
problem before?

One unusual aspect of my setup, BTW, is that I've set the logbook and entry
window fonts to 12 points, bold, on a 15 inch screen because of poor
eyesight.  I used the same settings when I tested the program on my home
machine with a 17 inch monitor and noticed no problems.  Packet and rig
control work fine on the ham shack machine, incidentally.

Hope everyone did well in WPX.  :-)

73,
Frank
wb2bxo@arrl.net