[WriteLog] Cut Nembers

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Cut Nembers
From: w2ge@home.com (Phil Levin W2GE)
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 21:36:40 -0400
Hans,

I respectfully disagree....  As you stated you "grew up making your living"
copying code....  Many hams did not... including myself, it just throws me
off when I get "cut" numbers and often,  as to not screw up a dx station
running a freq. I accept the number and then have to listen to his next qso
or two to make sure I got the number right!!!  I'll bet I'm not the only one
who does that!     I can copy code pretty decent but not like the old timers
who were radio signalmen etc...  As I said I want to hear the whole number,
the inconsistency may be what throws me off....some send the whole number,
some cut.....  Phil W2GE