[WriteLog] Help PSE MMTY Plugin

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Help PSE MMTY Plugin
From: JoeD@Voyager.net (Joe Dubeck)
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2001 10:46:30 -0500
Jim N0AJ, Jon K1US and list-

Jim, you are probably suggestion the other half of the solution.  I'll try it.

The basic problem was solved by Jon Harder K1US (Thanks Jon!) who correctly
said I had to remove the double back slashes from the Writelog.ini file.  I
didn't know they were there so I removed them and
"MMTTYPluginforWritelog.exe" installed without a hitch adding the MMTTY
selection to the TNC menu.

But the battle isn't over.  Clicking on MMTTY instantly opens the MS "Blue
Screen of Death" which requires a cold boot to resolve.  So next I
Regedit-removed the double back slashes that I found with Writelog paths in
the Registry - but that didn't help.

I've had problems before with software when I don't let it install in the
default directory and since I couldn't locate Writelog.INI without
resorting to Win98's Find program because it was off somewhere in the
C:\Windows directory, I'm going to do a complete reinstall on Writelog and
MMTTY and let them go where they want to go.  Such is the fun of trying
BETA software.

Last year I finally weaned myself off keeping non-contest paper logs which
I later transferred to the computer . . . so maybe it's time to also wean
myself off my old DOS habit of creating special directories to hold various
data files or types of programs.  I'm tired of fighting the system! :-)

Thanks for the help all.

-Joe Dubeck NA9A