[WriteLog] Any way to interface via USB or IRda

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Any way to interface via USB or IRda
From: jbastin@sssnet.com (John E Bastin, K8AJS)
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 16:25:29 -0400

At 08:49 +0530 08/30/2001, Manoj Agarwal wrote:

>I have  the same issue at the present time also
>
>I have the  same Type of computer and looking for the interface for the radio
>and the key port.
>
>I have used the one serial port for the TNC which is available.
>
>USB to serial converters seem to be very expensive $75 ++.
>
>Any suggestions ? for the usb port if can be used directly or the Irda port?

I'm running WL under PC emulation on a Macintosh PowerBook 400MHz G3 with no
serial ports, interfacing to my FT1000MP through a Keyspan PDA USB adapter. I'm
doing radio control and PC-generated CW through the one DB-9 serial port on the
adapter.

I don't operate TTY in any fashion yet, but if it can run through a serial
port, I see no reason it can't be handled with the Keyspan adapter.

Oh, yes, I don't have a TNC, so that's not an issue. I'm using a telnet
connection to the packet cluster via Ethernet to the cable Internet connection
on my home network.

The Keyspan PDA adapter is shown today at $39.99 at MicroConnection; you may be
able to find it for less money at other suppliers.

Lack of serial ports doesn't need to be an issue.

Hope this helps.

73.

--
J o h n   B a s t i n           K 8 A J S
jbastin@sssnet.com         K8AJS@arrl.net