[WriteLog] Any way to interface via USB or IRda

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Any way to interface via USB or IRda
From: jbastin@sssnet.com (John E Bastin, K8AJS)
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 21:50:33 -0400
At 20:26 -0500 08/30/2001, WA9ALS - John wrote:

>True, and I've made some of them.  I have to warn again about being very
>careful, and I would try VERY hard not to buy a USB-serial adapter without a
>testimonial from someone doing exactly the same thtings I wanted it to do
>with the same hardware.

That's why, when I told of my results using the USB adapter, I made sure to
state that I HADN'T done TTY, because one of the original questioners stated
that he was interested in that.

This wouldn't be applicable to those using notebook computers, but does anyone
have experience with USB PCI cards, and are they any more versatile or
compatible than the external plug-in adapters?

J o h n   B a s t i n           K 8 A J S
jbastin@sssnet.com         K8AJS@arrl.net
    http://www.geocities.com/~tarquin