[WriteLog] RE:WL/MMTTY Screen Setup for CQ/RJ RTTY DX Contest

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] RE:WL/MMTTY Screen Setup for CQ/RJ RTTY DX Contest
From: jon@praxisworks.org (Jon Harder)
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 21:20:39 -0000
Anybody tried using an LCD flat panel with WL, etc.?

One of the obvious complaints I have always had, even with my nice
"short-necked" Sony 17-inch Trinitron,  is the amount of table space behind
the screen that is lost due to the CRT in the big box.   My son is using a
19" LCD for his consulting business.  It looks just great, and prices are
dropping very fast now.  Plenty of room back there for I/O boxes, maybe even
the shack power supply.  Still, I'd like to know if anybody has had
experience with these in ham station environments,  RFI, display noise, etc.
problems?

They're getting cheap,  but not  all  _that_  cheap.  <g>

Jon