[WriteLog] Is there a tutorial for setting up networking in Windows?

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Is there a tutorial for setting up networking in Windows?
From: scot@k9jy.com (Scot Herrick)
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 19:07:29 -0000
Hi Jerry,

I have alarm bells as to why there is a crossover cable installed. Windows
does networking through Ethernet cards and Ethernet cables, not crossover
cables. Usually I see crossover cables doing RS-232 networking with that
other contest program.

Although I HATE the theme - since we're not Dummies, Networking for Dummies
works out pretty well as a tutorial for networking.

BTW, I am not a networking person so I just cover the WriteLog part of
networking in my site. If there are sites out there that do a step-by-step
approach for each of the Windows operating systems, I would LOVE to know
about them. I'll add them as reference links on to my site in a heart beat.
Well, maybe a modem beat...

Hope this helps.

CU...Scot, K9JY

K9JY's WriteLog User Support Site at: