[WriteLog] UPDATE ON: Is there a tutorial for setting up netwoking inWi

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] UPDATE ON: Is there a tutorial for setting up netwoking inWindows?
From: jflanders2@home.com (Jerry Flanders)
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 22:54:56 -0400
It works now.

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions, guys. I tried many
suggestions, read up some more, got nowhere. As a last resort, I removed
software and hardware, reinstalled hardware  and re-started and let Win98
install everything anew. I set up the software as well as I knew how and IT
STILL DIDN"T WORK. I retested my crossover cable for continuity and it is
working OK.

I finally just gave up and removed both computers from the test bench and
placed them in their operating positions on the radio desk. Powered them up
and guess what? Yep - they now work. Each computer can see the other's HD.
Don't have a clue why. I think I will just let them run from now until
after the contest this weekend (they are on UPS). If they continue maybe I
can try SO2R if I get the antennas checked out and perhaps a couple of
stubs made up.

Now that the network is working I am guessing that getting WL to use it
will be a piece of cake - we will see...

Thanks again for the help. You guys are a great resource.

Jerry W4UK