[WriteLog] Fwd: What log this weekend and what do somecolumns mean

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Fwd: What log this weekend and what do somecolumns mean
From: gbaron@home.com (Gil Baron)
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 19:33:39 -0500
--=====================_20129704==_.ALT

At 18:49 9/24/2001, WA9ALS - John wrote:
> > Some more questions. I am testing the log and added a bunch of countries
> > and states. The multiplier "M" column I guess, just shows a question
> > mark.  Every tie I added a new multiplier  I got a note that it was new.
> > Why isn't the M column showing this?
>
>1.  Make sure you set Contest|Parameter Setup with your QTH (2-letter state)
>and CQ zone.
>
>2.  Make sure your test logging makes sense - I don't think it will work
>correctly if you log a Q at 14295 in USB mode for the CQWWRTTY.

Those things did it. I think the problem was I had it in USB. I usually use
USB Reverse since that is what is used usually for PSK. It seems that
WRITELOG cannot use USB for AFSK. Too bad. They need USB is really FSK
allowed too.
Thanks for the quick reply. I am going to have to do some practice before I
try a contest :-)

>3.  Related to #2, if you're doing AFSK RTTY using the LSB setting on your
>rig, make sure you've checked LSB is really FSK in the Bands menu item.
>
> > How do you see your current score?
>
>It's in the upper left corner of the Band Summary window.

Gil Baron http://members.home.com/gbaron
44.08208 N 92.51263 W 1055'
"Baila como nadie te ve"

--=====================_20129704==_.ALT

At 18:49 9/24/2001, WA9ALS - John wrote:<br>
testing the log and added a bunch of countries<br>
&gt; and states. The multiplier &quot;M&quot; column I guess, just shows
a question<br>
&gt; mark.&nbsp; Every tie I added a new multiplier&nbsp; I got a note
that it was new.<br>
&gt; Why isn't the M column showing this?<br><br>
1.&nbsp; Make sure you set Contest|Parameter Setup with your QTH
(2-letter state)<br>
and CQ zone.<br><br>
2.&nbsp; Make sure your test logging makes sense - I don't think it will
work<br>
correctly if you log a Q at 14295 in USB mode for the
Those things did it. I think the problem was I had it in USB. I usually
use USB Reverse since that is what is used usually for PSK. It seems that
WRITELOG cannot use USB for AFSK. Too bad. They need USB is really FSK
allowed too.<br>
Thanks for the quick reply. I am going to have to do some practice before
I try a contest :-)<br><br>
doing AFSK RTTY using the LSB setting on your<br>
rig, make sure you've checked LSB is really FSK in the Bands menu
item.<br><br>
&gt; How do you see your current score?<br><br>
It's in the upper left corner of the Band Summary window.</blockquote>
<x-sigsep><p></x-sigsep>
eudora="autourl">http://members.home.com/gbaron</a><br>
44.08208 N 92.51263 W 1055'<br>
&quot;Baila como nadie te ve&quot; <br>