[WriteLog] Voice Keyer

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Voice Keyer
From: gbaron@home.com (Gil Baron)
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2001 05:31:54 -0500
--=====================_418151059==_.ALT

I realize taht the voice keyer is mostly useful for pre-recorded messages.
At times I would like to actually be able top use the sounded out messages.
If someone is sleeping tin the other room then it makes for silent operating!
Te problem si that it seems that it is VERY VERY slow. There is a very
large pause between letters. That happens even if I edit the wave files
such htat the file has only a letter and no slop at the front or back of
the letter. Is there any way to speed up the sounding out of the letters? I
am running a 500 Mhz P3 with 512 Megs memory and 7200 RPM 100 ATA drives,
so I doubt that is the problem. If not, I will just forget it but if there
is I would like to know what I am missing.
TIA.

Gil Baron http://members.home.com/gbaron
W0MN 44.08208 N 92.51263 W 1055'
"Baila como nadie te ve"

--=====================_418151059==_.ALT

I realize taht the voice keyer is mostly useful for pre-recorded
messages. At times I would like to actually be able top use the sounded
out messages. If someone is sleeping tin the other room then it makes for
silent operating!<br>
Te problem si that it seems that it is VERY VERY slow. There is a very
large pause between letters. That happens even if I edit the wave files
such htat the file has only a letter and no slop at the front or back of
the letter. Is there any way to speed up the sounding out of the letters?
I am running a 500 Mhz P3 with 512 Megs memory and 7200 RPM 100 ATA
drives, so I doubt that is the problem. If not, I will just forget it but
if there is I would like to know what I am missing.<br>
TIA.<br><br>
<x-sigsep><p></x-sigsep>
eudora="autourl">http://members.home.com/gbaron</a><br>
W0MN 44.08208 N 92.51263 W 1055'<br>