[WriteLog] Save problems

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Save problems
From: k5zd@earthlink.net (Randy Thompson, K5ZD)
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 03:11:47 -0000
I noticed this as well on a PIII 500Mhz.  Something has made it slower than
it used to be.

You can control how often it does the save by a setting in the writelog.ini
file.  From the help file:

Set AutoSaveCount to the number of QSOs allowed between automatically saving
the log. Set this to -1 and WriteLog will not autosave. If you make no entry
here, WriteLog will auto-save after every 100 QSOs.

AutoSaveCount= -1

I have mine set to 5.  Now that it is slower, I may adjust to 10.

Read the Help page titled "File Backup" for more useful info on file saves
and how WL stores QSO data in a temporary file between saves.

Randy