[WriteLog] Save problems

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Save problems
From: clive@gw3njw.fsworld.co.uk (Clive Whelan)
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 17:46:07 -0000
 K5ZD Randy Thompson wrote:
> I noticed this as well on a PIII 500Mhz.  Something has made it slower than
> it used to be.
>
> You can control how often it does the save by a setting in the writelog.ini
> file.  From the help file:
>
> Set AutoSaveCount to the number of QSOs allowed between automatically saving
> the log. Set this to -1 and WriteLog will not autosave. If you make no entry
> here, WriteLog will auto-save after every 100 QSOs.
>
> AutoSaveCount= -1
>
> I have mine set to 5.  Now that it is slower, I may adjust to 10.
>
> Read the Help page titled "File Backup" for more useful info on file saves
> and how WL stores QSO data in a temporary file between saves.

Mine was set at 10 in the scenario described, but would have had to have been
lengthened if I'd gone over 3000 ( as you did of course). Think I'll make a
copy of the file, add some dummy QSOs say <9, kill the power, and see if they
might be saved as a .jou file; that would be interesting, although mebbe
scary!

73

Clive
GW3NJW