[WriteLog] Save problems

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Save problems
From: clive@gw3njw.fsworld.co.uk (Clive Whelan)
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 13:01:37 -0000
Hi Geo

> I run WL on a 233 mhz Sony Vaio laptop with 129 meg of
> memory.  I never have a speed problem with any functions,
> such as file saving, sending CW, DXTelnet, etc.  My hunch is
> that your config with only 32 megs of memory is your problem.
>  I'd suggest upping your memory to its max, and running WL
> with a minimum of other programs running simultaneously.

Understood. However SIMMS here are becoming difficult to obtain
here, whereas DIMMS are cheap as muck and easy to get.

I generally don't have *anything* else running during a contest,
so that's mot the problem. S.O.Else advises that a P60 is just
fine, so it's not a speed problem per se.

73

Clive

GW3NJW
gw3njw@gw7x.org