[WriteLog] SO2R Question

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] SO2R Question
From: dick.green@valley.net (Dick Green)
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 01:50:06 -0500
Clive,

The features you describe below (%X and AUTO RESUME) work fine for me. I
suspect that there's nothing wrong with your %X function. The reason it's
not working is that AUTO RESUME isn't working. What's happening is that when
transmit focus shifts to the RIGHT radio, it is not returning to the LEFT
radio as it should (i.e., AUTO RESUME isn't working.) Since the transmit
focus is now on the RIGHT radio and re-united with the keyboard focus, %X
doesn't have any effect. In other words, it won't force the transmit focus
back to the LEFT radio -- that's what AUTO RESUME is supposed to do. The
only function of %X is to leave the transmit focus where it is. For %X to
work as desired, the transmit focus has to be on the LEFT radio and the
keyboard focus on the RIGHT radio. This would be the case if AUTO RESUME was
working.

Now, why is AUTO RESUME not working? I assume that you have properly set a
Timed CQ and have checked the AUTO RESUME box. Have you also defined the
correct CQ function key in the Timed CQ dialog box. If so, then it could be
that the AUTO RESUME feature only works in CT compatibility mode. That's
what I use: F1 is the CQ key and the message is stored in F10. How do you
have the CQ key defined?

73, Dick WC1M