[WriteLog] VFO B 2nd bandmap?

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] VFO B 2nd bandmap?
From: n1eu@hotmail.com (Barry N1EU)
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 11:00:20 -0500
Yes, there's no doubt that it is possible to do without much help from WL.
I'm suggesting things can be made much better, to allow the computer to
facilitate what is an often needed operation if you run assisted.

My current method:

Hit A-->B to save run freq
Double click packet spot
Hit A<-->B to get back to run freq
When there's a lull, hit "Dual" to listen to mult
Timing is right, hit split and dump my call & work mult
Take off split mode.
Get correct log entry data
Ctrl-Enter to log it
If timing wasn't right, Alt-W to erase log entry of mult, turn off "Dual",
Enter to call cq

I suggest actually adding a NEW feature to WL, resulting in:

While you're running, right click spotted mult to load into special register
button
During a lull, click button (saves run freq & sets spot freq & log entry) -
if timing is right work mult and hit enter
Resume running
If timing wasn't right, click button, resume running

Sure seems to make sense to me to use the computer to make things easier &
less error prone, especially toward the end of contests when the gray matter
is dulled.

73,
Barry  N1EU

To: <writelog@contesting.com>