[WriteLog] Curious?? (long)

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Curious?? (long)
From: k7dd@qwest.net (Mike Baker)
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 13:16:05 -0700
    I don't think I could have said it any better myself....
    One of my pet peves with much of the software industry is the complexity
of the instructions.  A manual should just be a reference tool.  An old and
dear friend who has been programming for over 30 years once told me "The
software should be intuitive enough to operate with an instruction set that
fits on a cocktail napkin!!"
    BTW, have any of you tried to print out a manual that is over 100 pages
long and keep it together properly?  Lets see, first put a New ink cart in
the printer so I don't run out printing this thing out (about $25 = or -),
load 100+ sheets of paper in printer.  Ah er, I wonder does that cover the
cover and index as well?  First print the odd pages, remember which way to
flop the paper over, and print the even pages in the correct order on the
reverse side of what you just printed.  Yeah, right.  Maybe after 3 attempts
you might get it right and besides, IT TAKES FOREVER TO PRINT IT OUT! Pack a
lunch...
    In all fairness to WriteLog, I like the program but it could shure use a
set of help tool like this fellow just described.  I helps that others have
put together help web sites of their own to lend a hand to us just getting
started or restarted after some time off.

Mike Baker  K7DD
k7dd@qwest.net