[WriteLog] LPT Ports

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] LPT Ports
From: marrotte@mediaone.net (Roger E. Marrotte)
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 17:25:40 -0500
I have 2 LPT ports on my system. I can get both to work fine with
writelog(latest version).  My problem/question is this:  Writelog insists on
making the port addresses:

LPT1=0x3bc (cut and pasted right from the ini file)
LPT2=0x378
LPT3=0x278

My port numbers are actually LPT1: 378 and LPT2: FFE8.  I can use
LPT2(0x378) but not my second parallel port. If I edit the .INI file and put
these values in, all I have to do is run Writelog, open a log, new or old,
exit Writelog, and the values in the .INI file get changed back to the three
shown above.  If I edit the file changing the values to 378 and FFE8 and
then make the file read-only, I can then run Writelog, open a log, go to
Setup/Ports and see and use both parallel ports.

My question is this, how do I get the port values to stay changed in the
.INI file without having to make the file read-only?  Is this a known
problem?  Has anyone else had this happen?

73, Roger, W1EM