[WriteLog] Noise in sound

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Noise in sound
From: gbaron@charter.net (GilBaronW0MN)
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 08:53:53 -0600
I was setting up for the 10 meter contest which is both CW and SSB and have
discovered a problem that makes it very difficult to use sound.
If the Rttyrite window is open then there is a T of noise in the output of a
wave file that was previously recorded with no noise. If I shut the Rttyrite
window then it is quiet. This means that I have to set up for CW if I want
the CW decoding every tie I switch from SSB to CW and close and readjust the
SSB windows when switching from CW to SSB.

Has anyone noticed this problem and found a solution. I tried over and over
with various configurations and cannot get rid of the noise.

Gil Baron http://webpages.charter.net/gbaron
44:04.925 N 92:30.758 W 1055'
"Hierro candente, batir de repente"