[WriteLog] 10M Contest - Opportunities for Improvement

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] 10M Contest - Opportunities for Improvement
From: jbastin@sssnet.com (John E Bastin, K8AJS)
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 07:53:17 -0500

>There were a number of opportunities I noticed for improvement in WriteLog's
>10M template.
>
>First, entering a call in the entry window should pop up the logical QTH in
>the QTH field, like VE2 = QC. W6 = CA. When there is no logical QTH, it can be
>blank, unless you have worked the station on the other mode, then it should
>pop up the QTH or the number given in the first QSO. NA handles this quite
>well.

This would be a royal PITA, in my opinion. I'm afraid if WriteLog did this, it
would encourage the operator to not make a real effort to copy the state,
hurting the score. I worked MANY, MANY stateside stations in the contest who
were not located in the 'logical' QTH.

I don't have any problem, though, with WriteLog using a state derived from
already working the station on the other mode.

That's my opinion. YMMV.

--
J o h n   B a s t i n           K 8 A J S
jbastin@sssnet.com         K8AJS@arrl.net