[WriteLog] Two cw enhancements needed!

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Two cw enhancements needed!
From: artw4aa@aug.com (Art Wildblood)
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 23:17:48 -0500
I don't know about the other modes, but I believe two enhancements are
needed for cw ops:

1) Provide a prosign for the "error character" (8 dits).  I couldn't find
one, so I tried to make one, viz: a) 8 "e" characters, but it wasn't right
because of the character spacing, b) same as "a", but with accelerators
before and after the 8 "e" characters, but it wasn't right because the dits
were way too short, and c) two "h" characters, but that wasn't right because
of the character spacing between the two h's.  This is needed, as suggested
by the Sprint sponsor, to indicate the other op's report was not fully
received, before others jump on the frequency.

2) After selecting a call from the Super Check Partial window, the
focus/cursor should move to the next logical field in the Entry window, just
as if the call had been typed into the Entry window.  In the case of the
ARRL CW DX contest, the focus/cursor should move to the power field.

Query:  What's going on with F12?  I'm set up with CT compatibility, even
though I never used CT.  Several times I hit F12 by mistake, while aiming
for F11 to clear the Entry window.  The radio switched to some other band
(damn!).  This might be useful, if I knew the logic of the QSY.  I'm
guessing it has something to do with SO2, right?

Thanks, Art/W4AA