[WriteLog] Kenwood TS-950SDX Radio Interface Trouble

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Kenwood TS-950SDX Radio Interface Trouble
From: nn5t@attglobal.net (Jon Suehiro)
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 18:12:07 -0500
I was in the same situation.   I reported the detail here last summer
(frequency updating takes 5 ~ 20 seconds after the actual change, some time
WL logged the QSO on wrong band because of the delay).   This is the short
summary of that.

Setup: TS950SDX + RS232C interface, PC is PIII (850MHz) or PIV (1.8GHz)
running under Win98SE with enough memory.

In my case,

1. The caused reason for slow frequency update was W9XT Contest Card on
LPT2.

2. Physically I did not have to remove the contest card from PC, but
removing of DVK off the LPT2 (WL port setup) was necessary.

    (I am still using the same card for CW keying on LPT2 and this is not
causing any slow down to the contest operation.)

    Instead, now I am using Windows sound board as DVK with standard audio
interface (isolation transformer with registers to adjust the level).

-----

So do you use similar card ?