[WriteLog] Kenwood TS-950SDX Radio Interface Trouble

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Kenwood TS-950SDX Radio Interface Trouble
From: wx3b@yahoo.com (James Nitzberg)
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2002 21:19:48 -0700 (PDT)
Dear Writelog Enthusiasts;

I've been enjoying Writelog software for over a
year now...and I tripped across a problem using
Kenwood's TS-950SDX I wanted to review to see if
anyone has experienced - and/or has a solution for.

When the radio is "polled" by the Writelog software,
it interrupts the transmitter briefly and distorts the
radio's output for a split second while transmitting.
The received signal sounds like it's being cut off for
a split second - then it returns to normal.  It is
evident in all modes of transmission and independent
of power.

I have verified that this is indeed the software -
when I run the radio without the writelog radio
interface - everything works correctly.  I have tried
the radio interface with CT version 9 and it works
correctly.

I noticed that writelog does not have a specific
Kenwood radio option - all radios function under the
"Kenwood" selection.  I have operated a TS-850 and
TS-870 with no troubles.

Do you have any information regarding this situation?
I'm up for some suggestions regarding this problem,
because I'd like to use the 950SDX at my station.

Thanks for your help!

73,

Jim Nitzberg  WX3B